This is the strictest quality charter in the world, all our wines have the 3 stars since decades.
Foreword: The system of evaluation outlined below does not speak in terms of “bio” or “not bio”, but simply of actions which permit an Appellation to express itself. Thus one can go from one to three “green” stars, adding to this the usual notations used by wine guides. This system encourages the wine-maker to do his best, and it informs the client of the effects of gestures in the fields or in the cellar on the expression of the Appellation.
Obtaining one star
Wine from a controlled appellation of origin has a particular taste liked to the expression, a type of soil, and a climate. Agriculture should therefore reinforce the organic life of the soil and avoid all synthetic chemical products.
- No weed-killers that destroy the life of the soil.
- No chemical fertiliser which causes a strong and atypical growth. These fertilisers are salts. The plant needs to drink more, thus to grow more compensate for the excess salt imposed on it.
- No synthetic chemical product a they can falsify the photosynthesis and thus the taste of the wine.
- No systemic treatment-absorbed by the sap in half an hour-wich, besides a negative effect on the metabolism of the plant on photosynthesis, and on roots (affect mycorhize), can be found in the grape in the form of residues.
- No aromatic yeast which leads to atypical taste of wines.
Obtaining two stars
In recent years the formidable advance of technology permits us to re-create the tastes that an inadequate agriculture had falsified. A return to the good practices renders this technology useless, and leaves each wine its original taste, without misleading the consumer.
- No mechanical harvesting, in order to obtain optimal maturity.
- No exogenous yeast that is a stranger to the place.
- No treating of the must with enzymes. Healthy agriculture bestows an abundance of colour etc.
- No concentrator that works by inverted osmosis. This process can bring about imbalances, especially in ageing.
- No cryoextraction which falsifies the balance of the wine.
- No cold treatment that reaches the freezing point.
Obtaining three stars
- No deacidifying or reacidifying-which change the balance of the wine.
- No addition o ascorbic acid, nor of potassium sorbate.
- No chaptalization, including concentrated must.
- No irrigation.